Evaluating the overall quality of the solution, implementing development processes and system’s security basing on our internal good practices of software development.
Our client, Solaris Bus & Coach S.A. is one of the leading European bus and trolleybus manufacturers. Benefiting from almost 25 years of experience and having manufactured more than 19,000 vehicles, Solaris positively influences the quality of transport in hundreds of cities across Europe every day. Thinking of the future, the firm is setting new standards by dynamically developing its products, in particular in the electromobility sector.
Our task was to run a complex audit of a software solution provided to Solaris by an external company. The whole system manages infrastructure available in buses and trolleys of Polish production.
We were responsible for carrying out:
- a technological audit (code quality and readability, software memory management),
- a technical audit (architecture, documentation, tools and processes),
- an audit of licences.
Our goal was to evaluate the overall quality of the solution, implemented development processes and system’s security basing on our internal good practices of software development. The team engaged in this project was perfectly tailored to the client’s needs in terms of its size and competences. We provided Solaris with experts in cybersecurity, licenses and an experienced input technical advisor.
We divided the whole audit process into phases and shared our technical insight, experience and know-how with Solaris internal team responsible for system’s maintenance and its further development.
All the audit’s outcomes were based on the analysis of the system’s code and documentation. The process included as well thorough discussions and collecting data necessary to run an audit. All this was possible thanks to good communication and openness of both companies.
Main benefits of our partnership
- Report from the audit along with the evaluation of software and processes.
- Recommendations regarding possible technical and procedural improvements.
- Cooperation with highly specialised engineers and exchange of know-how.
- Thorough audit carried out on time and tailored to the client’s needs.
- Possibility to increase the quality of the system that is implemented in means of public transport.